Search      Hot    Newest Novel
HOME > Search:1. 
Father Sergius

Category: Author:Leo Tolstoy 

Father Sergius is a story written by Leo Tolstoy between 1890 and 1898, and first published (posthumously) in 1911.

TAG:

Start Read / Save / Comments / PermaLink

The Man Who Was Thursday A Nightmare

Category: Author:G. K. Chesterton 

The Man Who Was Thursday: A Nightmare is a novel by G. K. Chesterton, first published in 1908. The book is sometimes referred to as a metaphysical thriller. Its importance was recognized in its later revival in paperback by Ballantine Books as the thirty-second volume of the celebrated Ballantine Adult Fantasy series in July 1971.  

TAG:

Buccaneers and Pirates of Our Coasts

Category: Author:novel 

Tempting boys to be what they should be—giving them in wholesome form what they want—that is the purpose and power of Scouting. To help parents and leaders of youth secure books boys like best that are also best for boys, the Boy Scouts of America organized EVERY BOY'S LIBRARY. The books included, formerly sold at pri...

TAG:

A Logic Of Facts

It is a humiliating reflection that mankind never reasoned so ill as when they most professed to cultivate the art of reasoning.—Life of Galileo, p. 1. society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge.

TAG:

Meditations

MARCUS AURELIUS ANTONINUS was born on April 26, A.D. 121. His real name was M. Annius Verus, and he was sprung of a noble family which claimed descent from Numa, second King of Rome. Thus the most religious of emperors came of the blood of the most pious of early kings. His father, Annius Verus, had held high office in Rome, and ...

TAG:

The Meditations of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

1. I learned from my grandfather, Verus, to use good manners, and to put restraint on anger. 2. In the famous memory of my father I had a pattern of modesty and manliness. 3. Of my mother I learned to be pious and generous; to keep myself not only from evil deeds, but even from evil thoughts; and to live with a simplicity which i...

TAG:

The Nineteenth and Their Times

Four cavalry regiments in the British Army have borne the number Nineteen. The first was raised in Ireland, in 1759, during the Seven Years’ War, and was known as Drogheda’s Horse. In 1763, its number was changed to Eighteen, which number it bore till it was disbanded in 1821. The history of its achievements has been...

TAG:

Pamela, or Virtue Rewarded

Samuel Richardson, the first, in order of time, of the great English novelists, was born in 1689 and died at London in 1761. He was a printer by trade, and rose to be master of the Stationers' Company. 

TAG:

A Passionate Pilgrim

Category: Author:Henry James 

A Passionate Pilgrim is a novella by Henry James, first published in The Atlantic Monthly in 1871. The story was the earliest fiction that James included in the New York Edition (1907–09) of his works. Set in England, the tale shows James' strong interest in the contrast between the Old World and the New. In fact, the difference betwee...

TAG:

Old Cookery Books and Ancient Cuisine

THE BOOK-LOVERS LIBRARY_ was first published in the following styles: No. 1.--Printed on antique paper, in cloth bevelled with rough edges,price 4s. 6d. No. 2.--Printed on hand-made paper, in Roxburgh, half morocco, withgilt top: 250 only are printed, for sale in England, price 7s. 6d. No. 3.--Large paper edition, on hand-made...

TAG:

All The Data From The Network AND User Upload, If Infringement, Please Contact Us To Delete! Contact Us
About Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Tag List | Recent Search  
©2010-2018 wenovel.com, All Rights Reserved